The Center for a New Economy (CNE) is seeking a full-time Energy Policy Analyst based in our San Juan, P.R. office.
CNE is an independent, non-partisan think-tank that advocates for the development of a new economy for Puerto Rico. Founded in 1998, CNE produces rigorous public policy research and analysis, and is one of the most credible and influential voices on Puerto Rico’s economy. CNE has been working on the issue of energy since 2005, when it first questioned the fuel adjustment formula used by PREPA in billing the public. As a priority, CNE is still working to propose viable policies and courses of action for the energy sector.
The Energy Policy Analyst will report to CNE’s Research and Policy unit. The analyst will help promote CNE’s energy advocacy strategy by providing research assistance in topics related to industry trends, technologies, and policy drivers in the electricity sector. We’re looking for a knowledgeable analyst who can advance CNE’s mission by working collaboratively with our staff.
- Work closely with CNE leadership and program staff
- Conduct policy analyses of utility-related issues or proposed courses of action and recommend appropriate policies based on these analyses
- Research utility and/or energy issues and regulatory policies nationally
- Collaborate with other staff members to write reports and analysis, prepare legislative reports, background information, and position papers
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required in English and Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to compose and edit effective, thoughtful and strategic communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Self-starter with demonstrated good judgment, critical thinking, flexibility, resourcefulness, and problem-solving abilities
- Detail-oriented and possess the ability to follow projects through to completion under tight deadlines
- Ability to consider multiple perspectives, synthesize information and develop solutions and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to analyze feedback in order to inform content development.
- Adapts to feedback and focuses on continuous improvement
- Demonstrates respect and kindness when working with teams/colleagues under high-stress, deadline driven environments
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Work experience in public policy
- Knowledge of energy/utility public policy issues
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CNE is an equal opportunity employer